Taking care of yourself before an intuitive healing session can help you get the most out of your energy healing experience, whether it is a private session, a group energy clearing, a sound bath, a guided meditation, a retreat, or any transformational experience. Here are some steps to consider:
Before we even begin, let’s talk about self-sabotage and the power of energy healing.
When intentions are clear and your heart desires change, old beliefs, patterns, thoughts, and feelings can arise that make succeeding at your goals difficult. Your goals may be to love yourself more, to live from more truth, or to stop being overly responsible for others. No matter what your goals are, we have parts of us that operate on old conditioning and beliefs, and they can sabotage success. That sabotage can look like sudden fatigue, resistance, or hitting roadblocks to arrive at a workshop you set your mind and heart to attend! When this happens, it means your goals are powerful and worthy of shifting your experience, and the old patterns in the body don’t want that change, but you do. So you have to acknowledge that something is coming to the surface for healing right before the event, and if obstacles present themselves, say “hello” to them and show up anyway.
Energy healing is powerful because it allows your body to release what you intuitively know you are holding, but may not have language or awareness of it fully. Receiving a powerful form of energy healing, such as a Divine Guidance Healing, includes being held in a supportive space of Divine Light and experiencing an infusion of love and messages from Spirit Guides and Angels. Yet, any form of energy healing can allow for powerful shifting and necessitates some protocols on how to take care of yourself.
Here are some ways you can prepare:
Set an intention
- Intentions are powerful ways for our souls to be in alignment with the universe and our highest healing. Setting an intention for what you would like to receive from your healing session puts you in alignment with the outcome of your healing session. Aim for how you would like to feel after this session. If it doesn’t happen right after the healing, just know that it can take days to weeks for energy clearing to integrate. Here is a blog post on the release process after a session. Have patience and continue to refine your intentions if necessary.
Prepare your space:
- Find a quiet and comfortable space where you won’t be disturbed during the session.
- Clear any clutter and create a clean and peaceful atmosphere.
- Consider lighting candles, using soft music, or burning incense if these resonate with you and enhance the ambiance.
- Eliminate distractions: Honor the work we are doing together during this time. To help you get centered, please take a moment to turn off all devices and notifications.
- Spend a few moments grounding yourself by connecting with the earth. While we’ll ground together at the start of our workshop, you can settle in through deep breathing or visualizations to help you feel more connected.
- Practice mindfulness or meditation to calm your mind and release any stress or tension.
- Clarify your intention for the healing session. What do you hope to achieve or resolve? Setting a clear intention can help guide the energy and focus of the session.
Hydrate and Have Water Handy:
- Water helps your cells process the energetic shifting. So be sure to stay hydrated during and after the healing experience.
- Eat something to ensure you have enough energy for the session, but avoid heavy or overly processed foods.
Wear comfortable clothing:
- Wear clothing that allows you to relax and feel comfortable.
- Let friends and family know that you’ll be unavailable during the session to avoid interruptions.
- Plan some space after your healing sessions and avoid scheduling activities immediately after an energy healing session.
Disconnect from technology:
- Turn off your phone, computer, and other electronic devices to eliminate distractions and electromagnetic interference.
Open your heart and mind:
- Approach the energy healing session with an open and receptive mindset. Your soul guided you to the workshop for a reason. How can you be open to receiving the healing that your soul may need?
- Be fully present in the moment, leaving behind any worries or concerns. This will help you to connect more deeply with the healing energies.
Bring a Journal:
- Bring something to write with or a way to take notes after the healing or perhaps during if the opportunity allows.
What happens if I fall asleep? Did I miss the healing?
If you fell asleep during a guided meditation, energy healing, or deep healing experience, do not worry. Falling asleep is a form of grounding, and you may have needed to let go so that you could receive the healing on a subconscious level. Yet, if you find falling asleep in healings is a common pattern, it may be worth exploring what protection mechanisms or resistance are in place. It’s possible intuitive insights come to your mind in the hours or days after the healing session to help you consciously process the experience. Journaling can help integrate the insights that come to you.
Remember that everyone’s needs and preferences are unique, so feel free to adjust these suggestions to suit your personal preferences and what resonates with you. It’s essential to create a safe and peaceful environment that supports your healing process and enhances the effectiveness of the intuitive healing session.
If you are interested in experiencing a Divine Guidance Healing or a Training Course on developing your intuition with Wendy De Rosa, visit Wendy’s Divine Guidance Healings and the Energy Healing and Intuition Training.